ICT Helpdesk Engineer
Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp (Belgium)
The OMP ICT team maintains our entire computer network, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly.
To be our new Helpdesk Engineer, you need a hands-on approach, technical expertise and a pragmatic attitude. Does that describe you? If so, read on!
The ICT Team
As an ICT Helpdesk Engineer, you’ll join our ICT team. This team looks after all the ICT infrastructure of all our global offices.
The ICT Landscape
The Infrastructure covers WAN, LAN, WLAN networking and security, Windows Servers and Clients, Video Conference systems and collaboration platforms. Plus, there’s a large variety of software suites (Exchange, Office 365, etc.) to support. In other words:
- Server: Windows Server 2012-R2 / 2016 / 2019, with various software suites such as Exchange, Remote Desktop Services, Backup, and VMWare. Some Linux appliances are present as well.
- Security: firewalls, virus scanning, VPN, DMZ.
- Communication: Skype for Business, VoIP, MS Teams, video collaboration, SharePoint, mobile devices.
- Network: Access LAN, Backbone, Wireless LAN, Routing, Switching.
Your main focus will be the setup and support of our users and our client systems: Windows laptops/desktops, iPhones, printers, presentation systems. As well as hardware there’s also software, including client security (virus scanning, mobile device management), asset management, etc. Support requests come in via our ticketing system.
You’ll be involved in ICT projects, e.g. new hardware standards, new software standards and deployment methods (imaging), automation, new security options (encryption, etc.). Where relevant, you’ll also pay special attention to security and disaster recovery.
Over time, you may become involved in other parts of our infrastructure, such as server management (both physical and virtual), networking, etc.
Our new Helpdesk Engineer has:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent by experience in ICT.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Helpdesk Engineer.
- A practical and theoretical knowledge of client systems, Windows servers, networks, Windows desktop OS, and a variety of PC software. Knowledge of Apple IOS, VMWare and Microsoft PowerShell is a plus.
- A passion for computer related technology.
- A motivated, team-oriented, well organized and responsive approach to internal customer problems that helps you to think in solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. 4 Fluency in English; any other language is a plus.
- The patience and professionalism to deal with end-user issues.
We offer a permanent position working on state-of-the-art software and hardware in a growing international company with an attractive salary and other benefits. What sets us apart from other companies are our personal coaching and training packages.
- Your day-to-day coach is available to help you with technical questions and guidance throughout the whole of your first year.
- Your coach and team coach are available during your entire career at OMP to ensure your wellbeing and personal development within the company and your future career.
- Learn from the best as you work with a team of experienced system engineers and system architects.
- In-house and external training to ensure your skills remain at the highest possible level.
- Continuous learning via our online learning platform that is full of technical educational opportunities.
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV