Inventory Optimization Specialist
Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp; Drongen, Ghent (Belgium)
To support the strong growth of OMP in the field of multi-echelon inventory optimization (MEIO), the development team within OMP is looking for Inventory Optimization specialists.
Inventory optimization is a key element for integrated supply chain planning. Throughout the supply chain of our focus industries, large amounts of money are tied up in inventories. The inventory optimization function in OMP Plus allows companies to reduce working capital by improving inventory target setting. The inventory optimization function is closely linked to the powerful and innovative integrated planning and scheduling solution in OMP Plus.
As Inventory optimization specialist you are responsible for the technical analysis and development of cutting edge multi-echelon inventory optimization algorithms. Next to this task, you will work together with your team members on improving the inventory management function in OMP Plus to ensure that the MEIO algorithms are embedded in a user-friendly and capable software solution.
- You have a Master in Mathematics or Engineering, preferably complemented with a PhD in inventory optimization.
- Experience in applying MEIO algorithms in a real-life setting, preferably in our target industries, is a strong asset.
- You have a solid IT background and the skills to translate your algorithms into software. Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, preferably C++, is an asset. Working knowledge of relational databases is a definite advantage.
- As you will work on complex mathematical software, you need to be very analytical, creative, and have strong mathematical and problem solving capabilities.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are fun to work with and a great team player.
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV