Optimization Team Manager
Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp (Belgium)
We specialize in shaping, optimizing and refining supply chains of the world’s leading companies. With our very own smart software and services. Our unique solvers & ML (AI) are the beating heart of OMP’s supply chain planning solution. The Optimization team designs, builds and maintains unique mathematical optimization algorithms and models. The team also advises and assists the customer project teams to configure, install and maintain these engines at our customer’s sites.
We’re looking for an omni-talented leader to head-up the OMP Optimization Team.
Ready to lead a winning team? Look no further!
You’ll be the leader, coach and inspiration driving an international multicultural team, more than 20 strong, of world-class specialists in operations research and supply chain optimization.
But it’s not all about you. Your team is top priority. You set assignments, share feedback, and you’re an empowering coach who knows how to shape a community where you and your team go that extra distance. You encourage and coordinate cross-team collaboration. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, but you know when to delegate.
You support and challenge your technical and functional expert colleagues to have a clear product vision and help to translate this vision into a product road map, with reliable release plans ready to be carried out by the team. During this execution phase, your responsibility is delivering within scope, on budget and on time, while ensuring quality standards are met or exceeded.
You ensure that all stakeholders, whether senior managers, program managers, or team members, are kept fully informed on progress.
The team also works with customer project teams to configure and maintain deployments at customer sites, from offices in Belgium and the USA, the team may extend to other offices in the future.
Didn’t win the Franz Edelman Award yet? Don’t bother, we’re not expecting you to be a world-class exponent of operations research. But we are most definitely looking for a top-notch people-manager with impeccable project management skills.
But you will need a good amount of solver and algorithmic savvy to be able to lead our specialist team, and you must be eager to get up to speed with the particular optimization challenges at OMP.
Of course, if you should happen to have a deep and wide-ranging knowledge of operations research techniques, whether gained from academia or industry, it would be a big asset.
Here’s what’s essential:
- A master’s or PhD in operations research, economics, engineering, ICT, mathematics or other relevant field — or the equivalent gained through experience;
- At least three years’ experience managing a 10+ FTE team at a software company;
- You’re a born people manager with a proven track record managing and coaching a team with diverse personalities and cultures;
- Great 360-degree communication skills — you connect easily with team members, senior managers, coaches, other development managers, product managers and consultants;
- You’re a project management and agile software development obsessive — in a good way;
- A hands-on, pragmatic and passionate approach;
- You’re happy to travel or work internationally from time to time, depending on the geographical location of your team;
- You have to communicate fluently in English.
It’d be great if you also had:
- Knowledge or experience of mathematical optimization techniques (LP/MIP, heuristics, etc.), AI or similar algorithmic methods;
- Experience and knowledge of the benefits and pitfalls of working in virtual teams spread over multiple locations;
- Knowledge of other languages.
This is a permanent position working on state-of-the-art software at a fast-growing international company. There’s an attractive salary and other benefits but what sets us apart from other companies are our personal coaching and training packages.
- Personal coaching — individual and team coaches are available throughout your time with us, focusing on your wellbeing and personal development within the company and throughout your career;
- Training — learn from the best as you work with a team of experienced professionals. Unrivalled in-house training keeps your skills at the highest level.
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 700 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV