Senior Data Scientist
Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp; Drongen, Ghent (Belgium); Atlanta (USA)
Are you passionate about finding innovative solutions for your customers? And are you ready to use data science to solve complex and real-world problems? Join the exciting world of forecasting and supply chain planning at OMP. We’ll give you the opportunity to explore your full potential as you work with top-notch tools and creative data science techniques, while collaborating with advisory teams, supply chain consultants, software engineers, and customers.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Read on to find out more about being a Senior Data Scientist at OMP.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you provide innovative solutions for our customers’ challenging supply planning needs. You have a strong affinity for continuous improvement of your customer’s solution as you work in close collaboration with the product manager and software engineers.
You are responsible for:
- Formulating business requirements, building prototypes, and translating them into functional requirements that can easily be fed into a technical design.
- Working together with consultants to obtain relevant use cases, prototyping opportunities, and datasets to work on.
- Ensuring high-quality solutions are delivered through the functional design of products.
- Following market and project needs by staying up to date with the latest research in your domain.
- Providing training and support for your colleagues in using the solution.
- Participating in pre-sales to demonstrate functionality that meets the prospect’s goals and objectives.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- A university degree with at least 5 years of experience in machine learning – a PhD is an advantage
- An entrepreneurial mindset in looking for innovative solutions for our customers’ master data and supply planning problems
- Passion for finding patterns and correlations in big datasets, and the ability to present these findings in an understandable way for a non-technical audience
- Excellent command of English
- The ability to work autonomously, manage projects, and coach junior data scientists while being fun to work with and a great team player
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of applying machine learning to optimization problems
- Practical experience in creating a model from scratch using one of the major deep learning packages, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with data processing pipelines such as graphs, data lakes, semi-structured data, and (py)Spark
- Familiarity with Python and an interest in product and platform development
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. We aim to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV