Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp; Drongen, Ghent; Wavre (Belgium)
As a Software Architect at OMP, you’ll be part of a fast-growing, international software development team. You’ll work according to the scrum methodology in a tight-knit group of 3-4 team players. We believe in an integrated approach, where every team member is involved in all steps of the software development life cycle: analysis, architecture design, programming and debugging.
You’ll develop a standard application in C++, using the newest features and development techniques. Our team of experienced Functional Product Managers will work with you to discuss and validate the functional requirements throughout the development cycle. Customization of the application will be done by our team of consultants.
As the technical lead for medium and large development projects, you will:
- Develop modern C++, applying the newest features and development techniques.
- Collaborate with our functional analysts to discuss and validate functional requirements.
- Work out the technical design of challenging new features in our software. You take into account all desired functionalities but also create a vision towards future extensions and robustness.
- Guide a team of software engineers to execute your technical design. You are responsible for the delivery of the developed features according to our high-quality standards.
- Work closely with the scrum testers and give input about test scenarios.
- Be responsible for the after-care. Once the development is delivered, you remain responsible for future extensions, maintenance and debugging.
On top of these challenges, we also expect a Software Architect to:
- Play a key role in defining and guarding the overall architecture and design of our applications. Based on your experience and know-how, you act as an expert for several development projects.
- Be responsible for developing best practices for software development, delivery and technical educational materials.
- Keep our applications ready for the future, by exploring improvements in in other technologies.
- Serve as a top consultant to senior management in long-range planning concerning new areas of technical advancements.
Our team is divided into smaller sub-teams, each focused on specific domains within our solution. We try to find the sub team that fits your interests best – which is best for you?
Our domains are:
- Cutting edge supply chain planning and forecasting applications that address the key challenges of our focus industries (e.g. Pharma & Life Sciences, Metals, Paper & Plastics, CPG, Food & Beverage and Chemicals).
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) developments in collaboration with human-centered design experts that focus on improved user experience (UX).
- Data integration to connect our software with data from external ERP systems.
- Mathematical algorithms for optimization and forecasting.
- Building low level, generic frameworks and APIs that are used by our other developers.
It’s essential that you have:
- A Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or another relevant field.
- You are proficient with C++ and are not afraid of various technology stacks.
- You have more than 5 years of experience in designing and building software applications in a professional environment.
- A hands-on, cooperative, pragmatic and passionate attitude.
- Good communication and collaboration skills: you are able to communicate your ideas in a structured, persuasive and enthusiastic way using various formats (e.g. presentations, UML diagrams, …).
- Fluency in English.
It’d be great if you also had:
- Experience with working in remote teams.
- Knowledge about testing systems.
- Experience with multi-threading and distributed systems.
Like a lot of companies, we offer a permanent position working on state-of-the-art software in a growing international company with an attractive salary and other benefits. What sets us apart from other companies are our personal coaching and training packages.
- Your day-to-day coach is available to help you with technical questions and guidance throughout the whole of your first year (if needed, this depends on your experience).
- Your coach and team coach are available during your entire career to ensure your wellbeing and personal development within the company and your future career.
- Learn from the best as you work with a team of experienced software engineers.
- In-house training to ensure your skills remain at the highest possible level.
- Continuous learning via our online learning platform that is full of technical educational opportunities.
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, the UAE, the UK, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV