Software Development Manager
Location: Wommelgem, Antwerp; Drongen, Ghent; Wavre (Belgium)
Nice to meet you! We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software. To keep up with the increasing needs of our customers, we’re looking for a multi-talented Software Development Manager.
Ready to lead a winning team? Read on!
As a Software Development Manager, you’re the leader, coach and inspiration of a global team of skilled software engineers. This team can be spread over different locations in Belgium, Ukraine, Spain and the US.
Your team is your top priority. Are they collaborating efficiently? Do they get the right opportunities and challenges? Your people, project management and technical skills make teamwork a success. You set assignments and share feedback that encourages your team to go one step further.
In close collaboration with the Functional Product Manager, you create a reliable release plan. During execution, you are responsible for ensuring that all priorities are met and you clearly inform all stakeholders on the progress made. To maintain and improve your technical skills, you take part in one or more development projects.
To make sure our (agile) development process is correctly executed, you:
- Follow up on all steps from the initial scope negotiation with the Functional Product Manager and technical design to implementation, testing and quality assurance.
- Stay on top of the agile process to ensure development topics are delivered on time and quality standards are met.
- Delegate to our technical leads, senior developers and dedicated scrum testing team. But you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty when necessary.
- Encourage team members to share feedback and ideas, and empower them to realize these suggestions.
- Facilitate and coordinate cross-team collaboration, with other development teams, but also with scrum testing, QA and documentation teams.
Lastly, you’re happy to work internationally and travel to multiple locations depending on the geographical spread of your team.
It’s essential that you:
- Have a Bachelor or a Master in ICT, engineering, mathematics or another relevant field.
- Have experience in managing and coaching and in leading a software development team.
- Know all the ins and outs of project management and agile software development.
- Have great 360-degree communication skills. You connect easily with team members, senior managers, coaches, other development managers, product managers and consultants.
- Lead by example. You’re a born coach and can steer a team.
- Communicate fluently in English.
- Are eager to dive into the technical details when required. You have a hands-on, pragmatic and passionate attitude.
- Are willing to travel when necessary.
It’d be great if you also had:
- Experience and knowledge of the benefits and pitfalls of working in virtual teams spread over multiple locations.
- C++ expertise and a good knowledge of object-oriented programming. If not, you’re willing to learn modern style C++.
- Experience with design patterns, UML, algorithmic thinking, multi-threading and distributed systems.
Like a lot of companies, we offer a permanent position working on state-of-the-art software in a growing international company with an attractive salary and other benefits. What sets us apart from other companies are our personal coaching and training packages.
- Your coach and team coach are available during your entire career to ensure your wellbeing and personal development within the company and your future career.
- Learn from the best as you work with a team of experienced software engineers.
- In-house training to ensure your skills remain at the highest possible level.
- Continuous learning via our online learning platform that is full of technical educational opportunities.
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV