Supply Chain Consultant
Location: Mumbai (India)
As a Supply Chain Consultant you will have only one aim: to provide the customers with innovative supply chain solutions that work.
You will visit our customers or other affiliates on a regular basis, about 30% of your time. You start with analyzing their challenging planning needs. You will design a prototype, develop the model and optimize your solution. At all times you will work in close collaboration with your colleagues working on the same projects. You will implement the planning and scheduling solution with our planning tools. You will validate it with the customer’s project team. Finally, you will train the customers in the use of their new advanced planning solution.
As a more technical consultant you take care of the more technical part of the job, e.g. integration issues and customized algorithms, programming/configuration work.
You will follow an extensive training program (3-5 months) at the Atlanta office or the head office in Belgium.
- You have a Master in Engineering, (Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical, …), Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Management or a similar field. Bachelors with an excellent GPA and relevant internship experience will also be considered.
- You benefit from having experience in analyzing supply chain processes, configuring and implementing advanced planning software. Preferably you gained this knowledge working in a multinational organization or as a consultant. Having experience with manufacturing, distribution or demand planning is a plus.
- You benefit from having knowledge in our target industries
(semi process or mill products).
- You need to have a strong affinity for IT, programming skills are required (any language). Knowledge about SQL on Oracle or SQL server databases is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Understanding some of the basic principles of optimization is an asset.
- You are customer oriented and committed to results.
- You are creative and eager to learn, and you can work autonomously in a virtual environment.
- You have an excellent command of English.
Since you will work in close collaboration with your colleagues based in Belgium or the US, the working hours are between noon and 21h.
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV