Data Scientist Forecasting
Location: Atlanta (USA)
In supply chain planning, it is important to be able to forecast product demand. Accurate forecasts ensure optimized plans, which reduce the time and cost to get your products to your customers and deliver insights on sales opportunities.
At OMP we are looking for Data Scientists to help our customers reach their strategic goals by delivering data analytics and insights via advisory services. Our new Data Scientists will also help us to improve the OMP planning solution through research and development.
Are you ready to join the exciting world of forecasting and supply chain planning? Are you passionate about finding patterns in data? Then apply for the position of Data Scientist and join our product development team.
As a Data Scientist - Forecasting, you have only one aim: to provide innovative solutions for our customers’ challenging analytics and forecasting needs. This includes:
- Performing data cleansing, data wrangling and statistical analysis of time series data provided by OMP’s customers.
- Creating and finetuning statistical models, generating forecasts and providing insight into the statistical forecastability of the data set.
- Visualizing your findings and presenting them to our customers in a way that a non-technical audience can understand.
- Staying abreast of academic research on time series forecasting and machine learning, by reading journals, attending conferences, etc., and sharing your knowledge with your coworkers.
- Conducting your own research and prototyping of forecasting algorithms in-line with OMP’s product vision and road map and in cooperation with other data scientists and product analysts.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the statistical forecasting functionality by understanding its current capabilities and translating the findings obtained from your research and prototypes into functional requirements that can be passed to the software development team.
- Validating newly developed functionalities with different stakeholders.
As well as your advisory and R&D activities, you’ll act as an expert for the OMP consultant teams by providing input on how to set up, configure and maintain their customers’ statistical forecasting functionality.
It is essential that you have:
- A master’s degree in statistics or another quantitative discipline with a strong focus on statistics. A PhD is an advantage.
- Practical experience with predictive modeling and time series analysis and forecasting. Techniques like multivariate linear regression, exponential smoothing, ARIMA, etc. hold no secrets for you.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages like R and Python.
- A positive attitude even when data sets are small and/or have data quality problems. In fact, you see it as a challenge to get insights from such data sets.
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively in a team of Data Scientists, in an atmosphere where giving constructive feedback is a must.
- Fluency in English.
It’d be great if you also had:
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- The ability to apply advanced data science techniques as well as a deep understanding of the underlying mathematics and statistics.
- An affinity with data visualization tools and techniques.
Like a lot of companies, we offer a permanent position working on state-of-the-art software and delivering insightful advice in a growing international company with an attractive salary and other benefits. What sets us apart from other companies are our personal coaching and training packages.
- Your coach and team coach are available during your entire career at OMP to ensure your wellbeing and personal development within the company and your future career.
- Collaborations with academia to ensure your skills remain at the highest possible level.
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV