Location: Atlanta (USA)
As a Software Engineer at OMP, you’ll be part of a fast-growing, international software development team. You’ll work according to the scrum methodology in a tight-knit group of 3-4 team players. We believe in an integrated approach, where every team member is involved in all steps of the software development life cycle: analysis, architecture design, programming and debugging.
You’ll develop a standard application in modern C++, using the newest features and development techniques. Our team of experienced Functional Product Managers will work with you to discuss and validate the functional requirements throughout the development cycle. Customization of the application will be done by our team of consultants.
Your daily work as a Software Engineer includes:
- Analytical thinking to translate requirements into technical software design.
- Writing code that conforms to high quality standards.
- Reviewing the code written by other members of your team.
- Working closely with the scrum testers to give input about useful scenarios and to help debug where necessary.
- Maintaining and supporting your developments according to user feedback.
Our team is divided into smaller sub-teams, each focused on specific domains within our solution. We try to find the area that matches your interests – which sub-team is best for you?
Our domains are:
- Cutting edge supply chain planning and forecasting applications that address the key challenges of our focus industries (e.g. Pharma & Life Sciences, Metals, Paper & Plastics, CPG, Food & Beverage and Chemicals).
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) developments in collaboration with human-centered design experts that focus on improved user experience (UX).
- Data integration to connect our software with data from external ERP systems.
- Mathematical algorithms for optimization and forecasting.
- Building low level, generic frameworks and APIs that are used by our other developers.
It’s essential that you have:
- A Bachelor or a Master in Computer Science or related
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Pride in the high-quality software that you write.
- A hands-on, cooperative, pragmatic and passionate attitude.
- Fluency in English.
It’d be great if you also had:
- C++ expertise – if not, you’re willing to learn modern C++.
- Experience with design patterns, UML, algorithmic thinking, multi-threading and distributed systems.
We offer a permanent position in an ambitious and fast-growing international company. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer:
- 401K/w employer match (no waiting period!)
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in US, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, and Ukraine.
Back to filter
Send your CV