Location: Atlanta (USA)
As a System Engineer, you will join the ICT team. The ICT team is looking after all ICT infrastructure of the OMP Group (HQ in Belgium, main office in Atlanta and various affiliates in and outside Europe). The Infrastructure covers WAN, LAN, WLAN networking and security, Windows Servers and Clients, Unified Messaging and Telecommunications (VoIP and iPhones), and various software suites (Exchange, Office, Oracle and SQL Server databases, …).
Your main focus will be the set-up and support of client systems: Windows laptops/desktops, iPhones, Printers, Presentation systems. Both hardware as well as software including client security (Virus scanning, Mobile device management), Hardware management, …
Over time you will also be involved in server, security, communication, network and storage systems.
- Server systems: Windows server 2008 / 2012-R2 / 2016, with various software suites like, Exchange, SQL Server, Oracle, Remote Desktop Services, Backup, VMWare, Linux
- Security: Firewall, Virus scanning, VPN, DMZ
- Communication systems: Skype for business, VOIP, Video collaboration
- Network: Access Lan, Back-bone, Wireless Lan, Routing, Switching
You will be involved in ICT projects e.g. new hardware standards, new software standards and deployment methods (imaging), automation, new security options (encryption, …). You pay special attention to security and disaster recovery where relevant.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent by experience in ICT.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in specified area(s).
- You have a practical and theoretical knowledge of Client Systems, Windows Servers, Networks, Windows desktop OS, and a variety of PC software. Knowledge of Apple IOS, VMWare and Microsoft PowerShell is a plus.
- You are passionate about computer related technology.
- You are motivated, team-oriented, well organized and responsive to internal customer problems.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have a good command of English; any other language is a plus.
- You must be able to deal with end-user issues with patience and professionalism.
- Occasional travel may be required.
We are OMP, a software and consulting company delivering advanced supply chain planning solutions specifically tailored to individual industries worldwide. Our aim is to make every customer’s day by optimizing their supply chain. How do we do that? With our very own innovative planning software that meets and then exceeds expectations.
With a workforce numbering more than 600 in offices around the world, we have become a prominent player in the supply chain planning space. Our customers include many leading global companies, such as ArcelorMittal, BASF, Dow, L’Oréal, Michelin, Procter & Gamble, Shaw, Shell, Smurfit Kappa, and Yoplait.
We serve our customers from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, the UAE, the UK, Ukraine, and the US.
Back to filter
Send your CV